Friday, February 13, 2009

Caramelized Baked Chicken

The sauce for this recipe is amazing! It is one of our favorites! You will love it!

1 Pound Chicken
2 T Olive Oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 T Ketchup
1 c Honey
1 t minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste

Add ingredients in saucepan and heat until it is blended. Pour over chicken (its about 4 pieces and I even sprinkle the chicken with a little bit of garlic salt with parsley) in 9x13 pan. Cook at 375 for an hour basting every 15 minutes. (It says an hour but mine was done in about 30 minutes, so just check on it.)

I serve it with white rice and steamed veggies. I cut the chicken up and just drizzle the sauce on top of the chicken and rice. I even put the extra sauce in a bowl for us to dip our chicken in... we just can't get enough! The best part of this recipe is that my kids love it! ~Alyssa